106 Year Old Physician Still Practicing

I noticed this story.

Astonishingly - I used to refer patients to him at St Mary’s when I was a junior hospital doctor.

4 Likes

He was born as a twin in 1912; began medical school in the 1930s; held a military post in Singapore during WWII that resulted in being held as a POW for more than three years; returned to England after the war and studied under Alexander Fleming, the man who discovered penicillin; became an allergist and developed a pollen count system to help people understand what triggered their allergic reactions.

He writes:

“I wrote four articles from the age of 100 to 105,” he said. “Two of them are solos; the others were multiple authors. But now, of course, I’m 106, I’m going to write one more, and it’s almost finished.”

This is how I imagine my advisor, Pierre Baldi, would be in his old age. I wonder if that will be me too someday.

3 Likes

The Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit has blessed this man of God and Medicine.

Perhaps God will use you in that way, Jon.

I doubt I’ll still be writing at 106, Charles, but I’’ try and keep thinking until the dementia sets in!

2 Likes

Keep on trying. I did not know you were the doctor. You must be joking, Jon. You could not be over 60.

1 Like

Alas, I am…

1 Like

God bless. I am 63.

Old friends
Sat on their park-bench like bookends (Paul Simon)

1 Like