A De Novo Adam's Language?

Though, of course, you know that this is not a statement about the origin of Language.

2 Likes

@Patrick

It doesn’t matter. As far as I can determine, @swamidass has no intention of making it a litmus test issue.
But if he has posted on it tonight, I look forward to reading his official reckoning tomorrow.

2 Likes

I interpret John 1:1 as God’s Word was eternal - had no beginning. But from science, we are learning that cognitive thoughts, words, language had a beginning.

@Patrick,

@swamidass’ point is that John 1:1 is that he is not aware of anyone trying to connect that verse with the issue of the evolution of the spoken language.

All you do is trigger anxiety in your Christian audience when you cavalierly bandy bible texts around for your own amusement.

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” King James Version

1 Like

Golly jeepers… that didn’t trigger even the slightest bit of anxiety. I found it an interesting approach, while agreeing that in God, everything is eternal, so applying this verse to the origins of anything would be a mistake --but, Patrick didn’t do that, exactly. He just failed to note the distinction between God’s “language” and merely human language.

1 Like

duly noted.