After 40 years, 'megachurch' pastor slams Christianity and quits, deacon

Yes I have a lot of things to do, like getting rid of the unconstitutional abortion law that Christians are imposing on all woman (Christian or not) in Alabama.

1 Like

That, was a joke. That page has several evangelicals.

But, yes, we do point out inaccuracies when it comes to ideology based salvation. It’s a mostly universalist group, it’s unavoidable, really.

You call sin against God a myth, but have not demonstrated to any of us what undergirding foundation can be used for you to call something you disapprove of as truly wrong. This is to suggest that you are chasing a truly more mythological god of your imagination.

Plato and other philosophers debated this issue from a purely non theistic point of view and concluded morality makes no sense in a subjective worldview but that it must be grounded somewhere. Plato did not necessarily point to the somewhere, but where you say morality is subjective, i say that “somewhere” is the God of Scripture.

I still cannot believe that mankind has morphed into the heinousness of even CONSIDERING infanticide of a baby born alive after a botched abortion. This speaks VOLUMES that the “Somewhere” spoken about above who is not a place but a Person, God Himself who sanctifies the unborn child from conception as one who bears God’s image is right,and those who call a fetus with a beating heart after 6 or so weeks nothing but a blob and a choice completely and utterly wrong.

Patrick,

Thanks for reporting on this development. I accidentally stumbled on your thread while writing one myself!