Considering Yadam and Meve

Not sure what you mean, Guy, if you’re talking about the belief that Yadam and Eve were our last common ancestors. I was distancing myself from that view. Their different ages were used (by others) as ammunition against Creationsts who saw the genetics as provig the biblical story.

1 Like

I’d expect both Yadam and Meve to significantly predate Adam and Eve; you seemed inclined otherwise, but that was probably not what you meant.
Yadam and Meve would certainly be universal ancestors, in some sense, but not even necessarily human yet.
Physical “modernity” is only a precursor, developmentally, to full-orbed “behaviorally modern” humanity, to use the paleoanthropological parlance.
I do not necessarily expect to see a sudden demarkation in time when all hominid subspecies suddenly "turn human " or even come to possess the “imago Dei” – that could simply be a description of a “long time in coming purposeful result.”
Or, it could be a sudden thing at the individual level… there is no specific biblical criteria to meet on this question, other than preserving the notion of God’s purposeful agency in bringing it about. See Genesis 1:26.

1 Like

Cool. It is catching on…I get credit for this one!!! :smile: