Disgraced Doctor Who Made Up Autism-Vaccine Link Wins Worst Pseudoscience Award

This has effected so many people. I still here it today when I suggest to senior citizens to get flu shots.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nosacredcows/2018/10/disgraced-doctor-who-made-up-autism-vaccine-link-wins-worst-pseudoscience-award/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Nonreligious&utm_content=44

3 Likes

It deserves criminal prosecution but I suppose prosecutors don’t have a law on the books to apply to the situation .

4 Likes

I don’t know if its criminal but it is just bads and dumb . Likewise it went so far in the media establishment.
I see autism as just a triggering problem with the memory and therefore in a spectrum of severity.
Its possible lots of things, like a kick to the head, could damage the triggering but flu shots have no connection to such parts.
Now evolutionism is next in line for the reward.

UK slander laws actually benefited Wakefield, and allowed him to sue his accusers. I think that part of why this brushfire got out of control. Wakefield lost, and those slander laws were changed, I think.

I don’t know how to break this to you sympathetically, but evolution is here to stay, and we are going to see a lot more of it in the next 20 years. We are already seeing applications of evolutionary theory beginning to be used in personalised medicine, genetic therapies, and more.

3 Likes