Doug Axe on Darwin Devolves at TGC

@nlents and @art see this:

I wonder if they will let me write a response.

1 Like

Go for it if you want, but I don’t see the point. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Honestly I don’t either. I’m actually curious to see how they handle the GAE though.

1 Like

But I will say that “fine scientists” is quite an upgrade from Behe calling us “incompetent” and “lesser scientists.” Anyway, I’ve given ID enough of my time, and I don’t mean that to be dismissive. It’s just that this is not my “day job” and I just can’t spare the time away from my other pursuits. I’ve got two new research projects getting off the ground, designing and teaching new courses in the next year, and of course I’m starting a new book. I think we’ve done our part and I’d like to get back to DOING science rather than criticizing pseudoscience. At least for the next 15-18 months, I’m pretty much fully booked.

5 Likes

I think you must write a response.

1 Like

To what exactly? Maybe just link to our prior responses? If TGC invited a response from me, I would consider it.

1 Like

Why? I assume you mean Josh specifically, but I still don’t think we need to respond to every single thing just because they do. Otherwise it’s just an endless back and forth. I think we’ve said all we need to say. I honestly think we’ve done too much responding already.

1 Like

I think Josh should respond to TGC as a working scientist who happens to be Christian, more of an editorial. He should highlight the fact that there are a lot of Christians who accept evolution as true, who understand human origins, OOL, and modern cosmology. Get rid of the either/or false choice of faith and/or science.

3 Likes

Well TGC is going to really care a lot about GAE.

I’d rather push for them to cover that, which will make those points much more strongly.

2 Likes

It is always nice when a pastor leaps to your defense :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Nlents do you mind retweeting him?

2 Likes

That’s a rather disappointing article from Axe. He seems to have committed the same crimes he has accused others of. As soon as Behe’s science is criticized, Axe clutches for his pearls and exclaims, “How DARE you!!”. It seems that the DI is better at doling out criticism than in receiving it.

5 Likes