Doug Axe on Darwin Devolves at TGC

@nlents and @art see this:

I wonder if they will let me write a response.

1 Like

Go for it if you want, but I donā€™t see the point. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Honestly I donā€™t either. Iā€™m actually curious to see how they handle the GAE though.

1 Like

But I will say that ā€œfine scientistsā€ is quite an upgrade from Behe calling us ā€œincompetentā€ and ā€œlesser scientists.ā€ Anyway, Iā€™ve given ID enough of my time, and I donā€™t mean that to be dismissive. Itā€™s just that this is not my ā€œday jobā€ and I just canā€™t spare the time away from my other pursuits. Iā€™ve got two new research projects getting off the ground, designing and teaching new courses in the next year, and of course Iā€™m starting a new book. I think weā€™ve done our part and Iā€™d like to get back to DOING science rather than criticizing pseudoscience. At least for the next 15-18 months, Iā€™m pretty much fully booked.

6 Likes

I think you must write a response.

1 Like

To what exactly? Maybe just link to our prior responses? If TGC invited a response from me, I would consider it.

1 Like

Why? I assume you mean Josh specifically, but I still donā€™t think we need to respond to every single thing just because they do. Otherwise itā€™s just an endless back and forth. I think weā€™ve said all we need to say. I honestly think weā€™ve done too much responding already.

1 Like

I think Josh should respond to TGC as a working scientist who happens to be Christian, more of an editorial. He should highlight the fact that there are a lot of Christians who accept evolution as true, who understand human origins, OOL, and modern cosmology. Get rid of the either/or false choice of faith and/or science.

3 Likes

Well TGC is going to really care a lot about GAE.

Iā€™d rather push for them to cover that, which will make those points much more strongly.

2 Likes

It is always nice when a pastor leaps to your defense :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Nlents do you mind retweeting him?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a rather disappointing article from Axe. He seems to have committed the same crimes he has accused others of. As soon as Beheā€™s science is criticized, Axe clutches for his pearls and exclaims, ā€œHow DARE you!!ā€. It seems that the DI is better at doling out criticism than in receiving it.

5 Likes