Getting to Know TheMan (8469)

OK. I am 32. My intellectual background is in mathematics where I received a first-class honours degree in Mathematics from Oxford. I took graduate study in philosophy of mathematics before moving on to model theory and then back again to philosophy to study non-classical languages and forcing. I was fortunate that Harvey Brown, a philosopher of physics, was in the philosophy department with who I took graduate classes in General Relativity, he also guided me in the philosophy of the standard model of particle physics. I was offered a fellowship at St. Anne’s Oxford after my Dphil but found academic life a bubble and declined. I currently work for a mental health charity at the two mental health hospitals in Oxford. I retain my Oxford standing and you will usually find me at the fortnightly ‘philosophy of mathematics’ seminar during term time. I also spent two years at Wycliffe Hall Oxford and have a masters in economics. I became a Christian as an adult after reading “Our Idea of God” and talking to Richard Swinburne about my intellectual concerns.

4 Likes