Good video on how to support evolution theory

1 Like

I’m not sure how effective that approach is with students. She asked a couple focused questions, and he answered for several minutes in a way that I’m not sure unsettled her position. There was no opportunity for a follow question either, so it was not a dialogue. Sure, he was technically correct, with good information, but I’m not sure it connected.

He was calm and collected and kind to the student, which is great. However, I’m honestly suspicious that it was a planted question. I take questions from students all the time, and something seems off about this exchange. I could be wrong, but it does not seem like a normal and unscripted interaction.

Why do you think it worked? What made this an effective model of engagement for you?

I’ve seen this video several times, and it has always struck me the same way.

There’s a difference between teaching evolution to ordinary people, and trying to get creationists to accept science. I’m coming to believe that the latter can only occur if the creationist converts his religion to one that allows for the acceptance of evolution, and scientific information is not likely to accomplish that.

1 Like