Is Intelligent Design Like Scientology?

You seriously need to catch up.

Just recently Patrick posted about Isreal: Israeli schools reported to avoid teaching evolution. I just today, I pointed you to a guy making the case in Turkey: Is Intelligent Design Like Scientology? - #19 by swamidass.

If you just google around a bit, you’ll find out things worth knowing. For example ISIS is all about creationism in schools, and unlike DI they use guns to enforce it: ISIS targets evolution in Iraqi schools. Thank you DI for not actually waging a real war about this; I’ll take you over them any day.

Turkey is getting rid of evolution teaching in universities this year:

In 2017, Turkey announced plans to end the teaching evolution before the university level, with education Alpaslan Durmuş claiming it is too complicated and “controversial” a topic to be understood by young minds.[79].
Creationism by country - Wikipedia

Read more at that link. You will find that it is not a uniquely American or a uniquely Christian problem. Yes, American ID and creationism looms large, but that is just because:

1. We live in the US
  2. US has a lot of money and influence

This was even an issue in Hong Kong that came up, when I visited a couple weeks ago.

2 Likes