Judge throws out suit by praying Wash. football coach - Freedom From Religion

The physics gets extremely complicated. If space has positive curvature, there is more than enough mass to stop the present expansion of d-baggery. (Eventually.) If space has negative curvature, there is insufficient mass to cause the expansion of the d-baggery to stop. In such a case, the d-baggery has no bounds, and will expand forever. This is called an open universe of d-baggery—also known as Facebook.

Einstein struggled with d-baggery all of his life. It’s why he left Europe and moved to the USA. Fortunately, he didn’t live long enough to experience Facebook.

(@Dan_Eastwood, my apologies for going off-topic yet again. However, I felt that a review of the physics was warranted.)

2 Likes

I see. It certainly does seem to be outpacing the normal rate of expansion of the human population, so I’ll sign on for your explanation I guess!

1 Like

Exactly. No one is saying that people should stop praying. All we are saying is that we don’t want government in charge of religion, and sometimes that means applying some extra vigilance so we don’t blur the line.

There was one enlightening exchange I heard that brought this into focus. In response to court decisions that went against prayer and school and so on, someone said that they are trying to take God out of the schools. In response, another person asked if they arrested God and led him out of the school in handcuffs.

Agreed. Atheist groups who are concerned about first amendment issues have used some rather cheeky tactics to help drive this point home.

https://psmag.com/social-justice/the-satanic-temple-brings-baphomet-to-arkansas

2 Likes

But as I am sure you are aware there is a number of lawyers in the US who will give quite bad advice on this point, and then accept a sizeable fee to argue their case in court, where they inevitably lose.

Indeed! And some people will render this bad advice for “free,” resulting in an immense eventual bill for plaintiffs’ counsel fees. The current champions in this department are the Thomas More Law Center (Motto: “Burning Protestants For Over Five Hundred Years!”), who worked for free for the Dover Area School District, costing millions.

Of course, a runner-up award has to be given to Seth Cooper at the DI, who, in the course of rendering “free” advice to Bill Buckingham, claims that he sent Buckingham additional creationist literature in order to get Buckingham NOT to require creationism to be taught. As Bowie said, that was “putting out the fire with gasoline.”

2 Likes

Don’t forget Mathew D. Staver

https://www.lc.org/