Designed sprinklers water the lawn
Raincoluds water the lawn
Therefore rainclouds are designed

Designed objects are complex
Life is complex
Therefore life is designed.

Any Creationists wish to play? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Baloney. Quotation marks are for actual quotes.

Do you mean ad hominem? If so, it was not. I pointed out the blatant fabrication of a quote, saying nothing about you as a person. It was a misrepresentation of both what he wrote and of what he meant.

I’ll bet dollars to donuts that Timothy would not say simply being religious leads to ignoring the data.

1 Like

I kinda like the notion of an “ad hominins” attack :smile:. Seriously though, please, disagree but do so respectfully.

1 Like

Respect necessarily involves responding to what people actually write. Has Timothy ever accused you of ignoring the data?

Of course it does. Just keep in mind it is 1 vs. 3 also. A slower pace is helpful when there is a numbers imbalance. I’m not calling any one out it particular, but hope it will continue on.

Let’s play Spot The Fallacy, Round 2.

Fish live in water
Whales live in water
Therefore whales are fish

Mary rejects evolution due to her religious beliefs
Fred has religious belief
Therefore Fred rejects evolution

Any Creationists wish to play? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You know I notice that @Timothy_Horton doesn’t really meantion me much. Maybe he has no problem with what I say, or perhaps he is trying to avoid confrontation with the forum owner, and really dislikes what I’m doing. Which one is it? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To paraphrase a once popular song:

“People yakkity-yak a streak
And waste your time of day
But Mister Tim will never speak
Unless he has something to say!”

:grinning:

…and yes, I’m really dating myself with that one. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Based on what?

My experience with @AJRoberts here, at least so far, is that she never sticks around long enough to discuss anything. I suspect that this discussion of progressive creation vs. common descent won’t go anywhere either.

I’ll make three points just in case, though.

1. Evolutionary biology, notably phylogenetics and the comparative method, are quite useful in elucidating function, contrary to AJ’s claims.

2. Creation vs. common descent is not just a matter of different interpretations of the same data. One interpretation is supported by the data, the other doesn’t fit.

3. AJ, like many creationists who have posted here, conflates common descent with a natural origin of mutation/fixation.

2 Likes