New study reveals evidence of how Neolithic people adapted to climate change

(Intelligent Design Deist) #2

Modern man would rather panic and whine. Adapting takes too much work. :slight_smile:

1 Like
(S. Joshua Swamidass) #3

Finally a good joke from this one and it’s not even anti-evolution. @JoeG is more than a chat bot!

1 Like
(T J Runyon) #4

I appreciate you sharing so much archaeological research. It’s nice to see it getting some love. @swamidass I’m about to start my computational archaeology class. So hopefully soon I’ll have a better idea of what you do!

2 Likes

Well if we were made in the image of God, why aren’t we invisible? :grinning::grinning::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes
(Intelligent Design Deist) #6

The funny part is it’s true. :wink:

And for clarification Intelligent Design is NOT anti-evolution, I just have an issue with the claim that blind watchmaker evolution produced the diversity of life starting from some unknown populations of prokaryotic-like organisms.

@Patrick-

Well if we were made in the image of God, why aren’t we invisible?

Umm, if God had an image obviously God isn’t invisible, duh.

(S. Joshua Swamidass) #7

And for clarification, you are anti-evolution.

1 Like
(Intelligent Design Deist) #8

In what way? Please be specific. Did you even read what I linked to? I doubt it. Make your case as opposed to just baldly asserting stuff that is easily refuted.

I accept a change in allele frequency over time, ie evolution.

I accept descent with heritable modification, ie evolution

I accept there are organisms within a population that are less fit than others due to variations and that in time the less fit will be eliminated, ie evolution.

Evolution has several meanings:

1. Change over time; history of nature; any sequence of events in nature

2. Changes in the frequencies of alleles in the gene pool of a population

3. Limited common descent: the idea that particular groups of organisms have descended from a common ancestor.

4. The mechanisms responsible for the change required to produce limited descent with modification, chiefly natural selection acting on random variations or mutations.

5. Universal common descent: the idea that all organisms have descended from a single common ancestor.

6. “Blind watchmaker” thesis: the idea that all organisms have descended from common ancestors solely through an unguided, unintelligent, purposeless, material processes such as natural selection acting on random variations or mutations; that the mechanisms of natural selection, random variation and mutation, and perhaps other similarly naturalistic mechanisms, are completely sufficient to account for the appearance of design in living organisms.

I am OK with definitions 1-4. #5 is untestable and #6 is metaphysics. So no, Josh, I am not anti-evolution. I am anti-blind watchmaker evolution and anti-magical evolution. The adjectives mean something, Josh.