New study reveals evidence of how Neolithic people adapted to climate change

Modern man would rather panic and whine. Adapting takes too much work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finally a good joke from this one and it’s not even anti-evolution. @JoeG is more than a chat bot!

1 Like

I appreciate you sharing so much archaeological research. It’s nice to see it getting some love. @swamidass I’m about to start my computational archaeology class. So hopefully soon I’ll have a better idea of what you do!

2 Likes

Well if we were made in the image of God, why aren’t we invisible? :grinning::grinning::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The funny part is it’s true. :wink:

And for clarification Intelligent Design is NOT anti-evolution, I just have an issue with the claim that blind watchmaker evolution produced the diversity of life starting from some unknown populations of prokaryotic-like organisms.

@Patrick-

Well if we were made in the image of God, why aren’t we invisible?

Umm, if God had an image obviously God isn’t invisible, duh.

And for clarification, you are anti-evolution.

1 Like

In what way? Please be specific. Did you even read what I linked to? I doubt it. Make your case as opposed to just baldly asserting stuff that is easily refuted.

I accept a change in allele frequency over time, ie evolution.

I accept descent with heritable modification, ie evolution

I accept there are organisms within a population that are less fit than others due to variations and that in time the less fit will be eliminated, ie evolution.

Evolution has several meanings:

1. Change over time; history of nature; any sequence of events in nature

2. Changes in the frequencies of alleles in the gene pool of a population

3. Limited common descent: the idea that particular groups of organisms have descended from a common ancestor.

4. The mechanisms responsible for the change required to produce limited descent with modification, chiefly natural selection acting on random variations or mutations.

5. Universal common descent: the idea that all organisms have descended from a single common ancestor.

6. “Blind watchmaker” thesis: the idea that all organisms have descended from common ancestors solely through an unguided, unintelligent, purposeless, material processes such as natural selection acting on random variations or mutations; that the mechanisms of natural selection, random variation and mutation, and perhaps other similarly naturalistic mechanisms, are completely sufficient to account for the appearance of design in living organisms.

I am OK with definitions 1-4. #5 is untestable and #6 is metaphysics. So no, Josh, I am not anti-evolution. I am anti-blind watchmaker evolution and anti-magical evolution. The adjectives mean something, Josh.