One month old Hugh Ross presentation on Human Origins

Any engagement with his comments at about 24 minutes in, on the significance of nucleotide differences relative to present-day humans?
How about at 25 minutes in, where he reports something Ian Tattersall is supposed to have said to Faz Rana, about being a top tier predator?
From there, so much of what he has to say can be disputed, that I appreciate his relatively tentative approach.
Personally, I find the thesis of Adam and Eve needing to be “progenitors” to every human being that’s ever existed unnecessary, as compared to seeing them as geneaologically ancestral to all modern humans.
Thought you might all enjoy exploring his apologetics perspective, and knowing that, though I am a supporter of their broader ministry, I disagree with important aspects of their human origins thesis --and that’s okay!
Hugh Ross on Human Origins

Hugh Ross should stick to astronomy. He is excellent explaining the big bang and cosmology but terrible at human origins.

Thanks for weighing in, @Patrick .
His awareness of the major climate epochs has helped inform him of a timeframe for A&E, for which he prefers a date of 150kya for “truly human” origins at the earliest, to 15kya for A&E at the latest. His reasoning is that the most likely location for the garden, which is now underwater by some 200 feet or more, if correctly identified, renders the A&E story as needing to be from before the end of the last ice age, in the Younger Dryas period (before sea levels rose to their present stage).
For me personally, reading the early Genesis narratives as sequential accounts, with “imago Dei” humanity coming well before A&E, makes me comfortable enough with that kind of dating for Genesis 1:27 as his “imago Dei” terminus ad quo, and the story of Adam and Eve at his 15kya terminus ad quem.
Agreed that his narrative kind of makes a questionably palatable hash of some of the intervening data.
Obviously, this is only an estimate, which nevertheless fits the facts as we know them.
It’s okay for A&E to come “late” to the human scene, in this version of a geneaological scenario.
This is not, however, exactly what our host prefers, though he seems okay with it as an interpretive option.
Comments, @jongarvey or anyone else?