Pat Robertson Says: God used Evolution!

This may become my favorite quote to support the idea that God used BOTH miraculous creation AND evolution to create mankind!

This quote was made in connection with the Nye v Ham debate!:

Pat Robertson:

“There ain’t no way that’s possible,” Mr. Robertson said Wednesday on his show, The 700 Club, taking issue with the “Young Earth” version of creationism, which holds that the universe is about 6,000 to 10,000 years old.

“We have skeletons of dinosaurs that go back 65 million years,” Robertson said. “To say it all dates back to 6,000 years is just nonsense, and I think [it’s] time we come off of that stuff, and say this isn’t possible.”

3 Likes

Well, more like he says the earth is old. That is not “evolution.”

1 Like

So you think Roberts is an Old Earth creationist?

@swamidass

You are going to love this tape!
Though I am trying to find one of JUST PAT talking!

https://youtu.be/vornnr5H9Eo

Towards the and, Pat pretty much says he is believes God used Evolution to create man!.. rejecting atheist (or non-theist?) Evolution!

He is our POSTER CHILD!

2 Likes

Can you transcribe it here, and get the date and context?

1 Like

Yep… I’m on it!

1 Like

He is our (FFRF) poster child too. (Not really a child but a senile old man with signs of dementia but still very entertaining.) We can almost count on Pat Robinson almost weekly to say something completely absurd. I’ll post his latest as they can be quite comical.

Didn’t take long for Pat Robertson to entertain:

2 Likes

Pat did say that he believed in theistic evolution; however, I heard he has a friendship with Hugh Ross. I believe that you and George are both right about Pat. But a Northern Baptist at Harvard Divinity School says that most of Pat’s professors are theistic evolutionists. I liked what you and George said about Pat, Patrick. Oh, Patrick, Pat has the nickname he does; however, his name is Marion Robertson, so you do not have to worry, Pat.:laughing:

Your friend,

Charles

1 Like

Yep, George is correct; however, Marion Pat Robertson is libel to say anything.

@swamidass

Oh, George,

Does that mean that Pat Marion Robertson is my stepbrother. I am not Charismatic! I mean nothing against the Charismatics on this blog.:wink:

@swamidass

What does Marion Pat Robertson mean by progressive evolution? Is that a hybrid between progressive creation and evolutionary creation? There was a book written in the 1960’s called Basic Progressive Evolution. Is Pat talking about that?

@Patrick

1 Like

@Charles_Miller (@swamidass)… it means God used Evolution to create “kinds” just as specifically as the conventional scenario if Special Creation!

1 Like

Still waiting…

Im ckeaning up the transcript.

@Patrick,

Pat Marion Trischita is your real name. You appear on the 10,000 Club.

Marion, we know what you real name is.

Who’s Marion? My middle name is Ross.

1 Like

My friend, it is just a joke. He is Marion “Pat” Robertson, son of former Virginia Senator Willis Robertson. Pat is going to have a word of knowledge about you.:laughing: