Comments on What Genetic Science Says About Adam and Eve

That is very true. WLC is not insisting there must be a bottleneck of 2, nor am I.

He is claiming to present the critical genetic evidence pertinent to a bottleneck of two. His take away from this evidence is that we can rule out a bottleneck more recent than 500,000 years ago, but more ancient than this the evidence is equivocal.

We addressed it like so:

You correctly point out that, then, WLC does not require a bottleneck of 2. That is exactly right. That is why this evidence is not relevant to his position.

If that is the case, he is more than welcome to explain. I am sure there are brief ways to deal with this. I’ve had to deal with extremely aggressive critics from all sides. In fact, you have pushed back harder on me. This is just collegial pushback. I’m sure he can handle it.

See here:

I responded “no” because that was not one of Venema’s arguments. It is an argument you have taught me a great deal about. That is why I named you going forward.

You certainly are not pressing him half as hard as you have pressed me. I am certainly not pressing him nearly as hard as you have pressed me.