Scott asks questions about evolution

OK big shot. Tell me. what part of DNA designs the spine of a person giving its shape and what part of the process guides the nerves to weave in and out and connect to the brain? You are the brain child according to you… Fill us all in with your higher learning and superior intellect.

I don’t know.

But I’m not the one making claims that something I know less than nothing about is a hoax.

2 Likes

I have used the screen name for years. It is my online Identity. Its statement is based on facts.

1. There is fish, clams, whales and thousands of other species living today that are found in the fossil record unchanged. the same lungs the same limbs etc. Instead of some basic things moving toward a more complex thing which would be modern species.
  2. A ruse goes on about the fossil record. Every continent was under water to create the majority of the layers we see in the grand canyon and in canyons and mountain ranges around the world China Australia, Africa even Antarctica. Land animals do not live under water… So these layers we now see thousands of feet above sea level have nothing to do with a gradual evolution of land animals from simple to complex. It leaves basically nothing in the time line for land evolution and some sort of progressive change from a mud-skipper to a Hypo back to a whale… Or from a frog to a crock to a human or whatever magic you want to invent. the pretty little fossil layer design seen in drawings is like Hackels Embryo drawings, They are FAKE forgeries, Lies. Intentional misrepresentations by people with university degrees.
  3. So called Scientists have no understanding of how DNA makes anything, at best they have tried to grasp some of the simple processes of life after that life is fully formed… They are not experts or in a position to say life Evolved.
  4. There are a number of artistic renderings by DNA like a dead leaf butterfly. There is a million different butterflies. To suggest that this Butterfly is random, that DNA without sight for evolutionary purposes altered itself such over 10’s of thousands of years to look like a dead leaf which is only looking that way in the fall is nonsense, like believing in Magic. Praying Mantis is another example. It might be a great start for genetics. It appears that they borrow features from their surroundings and use a DNA code like a coat to put a new skin or trim package on their bodies… If it is not that, then its clear there is no way for them to have “evolved” to look like a twig or a flower etc. Which leads to the extreme organization of life by a mechanism that cannot see or hear. Its not Scientific, logical or sensible for such beauty. At best everything should look like a blob fish. Life is way beyond functionality. And Thank God for that or you would have eye brows from your ears to you nose.

Evolution fails logically. The same birds, the one who eats hard nuts and the one who doesn’t both existed when Darwin discovered them. The Idea was bogus. Whales with and without teeth survive. It was just false reasoning from a guy who didn’t even know DNA existed. That said, there is the ability of breeding with cows and horses and dogs and flowers to tweak looks but that is dealing with already established DNA and mixing the pot where there is a easy avenue to do so. That is not evolution. Unfortunately people see that and assume you can work your way from bacteria to fish to foul to fools.

The experiment’s chief investigator would disagree with you on that. It is worth noting that the citrate-eating strain that evolved in the study would not be detected by the standard medical tests for E. coli.

Evolution in real time — Harvard Gazette

Not remotely on topic, but that reminded me of this:

1 Like

But true.

Great video. It totally ignores how the guy got in that situation. It ignore the immediate need of him as well. One would suffocate like that.

In a similar way, why didn’t the Chief investigator just make his own bacteria in a sterile lab and culture it to make corn bread or diesel fuel. With such ability you would think…

You know, its not me who needs to be rescued. 30 years in a lab not able to do a whole lot of anything. hmmm.

There is more than adequate information provided to know how he got into that situation. But if one insists on ignoring it…

I guess you think that is a witty and intelligent response. I won’t rain on your parade.

4 Likes

Those are not facts*. They are fallacies, falsehoods and folderol.

You’ll not convince me that evolution is a hoax until you understand it well enough to be worth listening to - and you can’t even get the underlying facts right, let alone draw conclusions from them.

*With one exception - Haeckel did have a university degree.

1 Like

It was alright… You know my English and grammar is bad, but being critical of me using poor grammar doesn’t help your cause…
It should have read. I guess you think that was an intelligent and witty response. not how you wrote it.

I’m not criticizing your grammar.

1 Like

What a giant pile of bunk. One unevidenced and unsupported claim stacked on top of another equally without basis. How can the sciences resist this onslaught of mere opinion and blind assertions?

Why don’t you go back to expounding on how we can’t divide energy with time, or divide mass with volume?

3 Likes

And Haeckel was a liar. A forger… He mislead millions. I would say with intent. He was a white collar presenting something as science and using his position for a partisan skewing of facts that has affected millions of vulnerable children.

Haeckel’s drawings of embryos, while inaccurate and exaggerated, still highlighted a principle that embryology in fact supports, which is that parts of evolutionary history are in fact recapitulated in the stages of embryological development.

That’s why, for example, you develop and then shed a coat of fur. That’s why a yolk-sack develops, but incompletely, and is never actually used, to pick a couple of examples from human evolution.

You are an ape, and embryological development provides good evidence of that. And Haeckel was right to point that out, though he was wrong to exaggerate the effect in it’s degree.

You can read more about that here: Haeckel had a point

1 Like

I suggest you do NOT Google “Tongue Louse”. :wink:

I had successfully forgotten that picture. Until now :frowning:.

1 Like

Gotta exercise those brain cells or important stuff starts leaking out! :wink:

In my opinion, this thread had nothing to offer aside from the opportunity to troll. I am waiting on feedback from another Mod before closing the thread.

/fnord

5 Likes

How did it get here in the first place? And where did that title come from?

Yes, I’m curious, too. He says he had an e-mail invitation to PS. Are e-mail invitations being sent out? To whom, and why?

@John_Harshman @Puck_Mendelssohn The invitation was probably the last Newsletter that went out September 4th. Not sure about the title.