Evidence for the integrity of the Discovery Institute

No. the fact that the dictionary (in this case the OED) states that “surely” can mean “With … assurance, or confidence” as an alternative to “With certainty” makes it so!

I’m sorry that your understanding of the English language is inadequate, but that is really not my problem.

No. you are again quoting me out of context – making the same misrepresentation of my comments that you made " from the beginning, nearly 90 posts back". The same sort of misrepresentation that Behe and the rest of the DI make, that makes people say that they have no integrity. Thank you for proving our point.

What I in fact wrote was:

Is it a substantive possibility that you are “an alien lizard-person”? No.

Is it a substantive possibility that Russell’s teapot exists somewhere in space? No.

Is it a substantive possibility that the disagreements were due to genuine insights of Behe’s or Meyer’s? Hell no!

I shouldn’t be surprised by the profound lack of curiosity on the part of ID’s supporters, when it’s the same lack of curiosity that is one of the reasons that makes genuine insights very unlikely from ID Apologists. :roll_eyes:

For your information, when you copy and paste a quote that ends up with a # symbol being pasted, you wind up with:

this

… and if you delete the # symbol before posting, you end up with:

this

All it takes is a tiny bit of curiosity about your (in this case virtual) environment. But I suppose that this presence or absence of curiosity is a difference between the scientific mind and the apologetic mind.

Surely does mean “surely” (trivially) – but “surely” can mean other things than “with (absolute) certainty”. :roll_eyes: