Welcome Faizal Ali

Introduction

(S. Joshua Swamidass) #1

Welcome @Faizal_Ali. Glad to see you here. Tell us about yourself? What type of atheist are you? See: Seven Atheist Archetypes.

(Mikkel R.) #2

Welcome Faizal :slight_smile:

(Faizal Ali) #3

#2 is probably closest.

(S. Joshua Swamidass) #4

Thanks for sharing. Tell us more about yourself.

(Faizal Ali) #5

54 years old, live in Toronto. Married, two kids in university. Work as a psychiatrist at a university teaching hospital. What else would people like to know?

I should mention I’m a bit skeptical about the entire premise of this forum. I don’t think common ground can be found between creationists and those committed to science, and any attempts to do so occur in denial of the expressed intention of creationists (e.g. in the Wedge Document, happy anniversary) to change the foundation of our society to one in which empirical evidence must defer to divine revelation. But I also welcome the opportunity to interact directly with some of the figures in the creationist movement and see for myself.

(S. Joshua Swamidass) #6

Skepticism is warranted but let’s see how far kindness can go.

(Dr. Patrick Trischitta) #7

Hi @Faizal_Ali welcome. Looking forward to interactions on a whole range of topics.

(Mikkel R.) #8

I fully agree with this.

(Dr. Patrick Trischitta) #9

Me too. But I could be wrong. I must say that I learned a lot about evolution by being here. And the discussions on the intersection of science and religion does make me a better secular humanist today.

(S. Joshua Swamidass) closed #10

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.