Welcome Greg to the Forum

(Dr. Patrick Trischitta) #107

Christian psychobabble at it finest. Thanks for that Greg. Can you please add some fire and brimstone so that I can go for a walk in the sunshine today.

(Greg) #108

I want to share w you a passage in Galatians chapter 6 which confronted the Judaisers who said that it is necessary that a gentile become a Jew first via circumcision then have the ability to become a Christian.
Paul says, For even those who are circumcised do not themselves keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may boast in your flesh. 14 But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15 For neither circumcision counts for anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.16 And as for all who walk by this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.

Paul, in essence is saying that to become a true convert, outward religious duty like circumcision or uncurcumcision …or even baptism or bible reading or being a good person are not the key ingredient for being a true follower of Christ. The key is “a new creation” What does this look like? Well, after reading the Bible which can never be the cause of salvation, a person who agrees that they they have broken the commands and therefore are in need of a Savior and choose to SURRENDER their life to Christ by faith will become a new creation!

It just blows my mind that some theistic evolutionists suggest a sort of spiritual evolution for the salvation of their souls when truly the opposite is the case: a new creation, by grace, through faith so no man may boast! We were created, and those who by faith surrender their lives to Christ who died on the cross for our sins become a new creation in Him! Have you done this?

(Greg) #109

I believe that God loves you despite your disdain for Him. He chose to send His Son to die for even guys like you…we are all in the same boat…sinners drowning who need grace

(Neil Rickert) #110

I’ll just repeat that I don’t think there is a clear definition of what it means to be a Christian.

When I say that I was a Christian, I am using the English language to communicate as effectively as I can. But language is not a perfect communication tool.

If you prefer to think that I was never a Christian, that’s up to you. And I don’t take offense at people who have that view. I expect that most Calvinists would feel obliged to say that I was never Christian. And, for sure, I was never Calvinist.

(Greg) #111

Ok. Not meaning to sound like Im bickering over semantics…just want to help u…i personally believe when true believers in Christ get to heaven, they will be both surprised about who is there and equally surprised about who is not! Labels are completely unimportant in God’s economy. What is important is to come to know Him. He is not giving virgins for pleasure to men who die in His name. And He does not appreciate the vanity of millionaire preachers with enticing folks with worldly wealth if they give and buy their books either. The judeo Christian depiction of God is so breathtakingly glorifying of this invisible, yet present God …even in the very gospel by faith so that no man may boast. Even Tim Keller accurately reveals that the gospel stills both forms of pride in man of sviveling and swaggering …which in sum completely sells me to the fact that this worldview is just not some religious concoction to fill a mans pocketbook or to puff his ego. It is TRUE of the literal Creator. Look to the cross sinners, for the forgiveness of sin and renewal in His righteousness!

(Dr. Patrick Trischitta) #112

[@moderators. expletive removed. If you do not like thread, leave it.]

(Alan Fox) #113

How do you know this?

(Dr. Patrick Trischitta) #114

Atheists don’t want your “help”. I find it offensive and disrespectable of my sincerely held non-beliefs in the God of your delusional mind.

(Bill Cole) #115

If you think your wordview is solid why do have to use “spin phrases” like the above instead of argument to support it?

(Dr. Patrick Trischitta) #116

I need not provide support for my views as they are my views. Stop pushing YOUR worldviews on us. We (atheists) have had enough of your God and all the other Gods of history. Hasn’t there been enough intolerance and injustice in the name of God already? Keep your worldview to yourself and get on with living in an increasingly secular society who don’t share your worldview.

(Dr. Patrick Trischitta) #117

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

(Bill Cole) #118

I am more interested in your arguments then your opinions. We have been talking for 30 days and I have no idea how you have come to the conclusions you have.

(Dr. Patrick Trischitta) #119

Here’s my arguments:

1. Jesus wasn’t God
  2. The universe is exactly what I’d expect if there wasn’t a God.
  3. The Bible is a hideous book of immoralities, injustices and intolerance’s to humanity.

(Bill Cole) #120

Lets start with this one. Why is the universe exactly what you would expect if there wasn’t a God?

(S. Joshua Swamidass) #121

Cool down everyonr. Step away from the keyboard and attempt to understand why this is charged and how to diffuse.

(Dr. Patrick Trischitta) #122

A universe from nothing that follows the L-CDM model of cosmology with slow roll inflation as verified by the Planck Satellites Final Results.

(Alan Fox) #123

It’s the diffuse statements that are the problem! :slight_smile:

(Dr. Patrick Trischitta) #124

I reject this in its entirety. I don’t accept what you call sin and I don’t accept your forgiveness for anything. And I don’t accept calling the fictional God of the Old Testament righteous. The God of the OT was a genocidal monster.

(Bill Cole) #125

Why did atoms that eventually were responsible for molecules that could produce life form out of this random event?

(The Honest Skeptic) #126

VERSUS

Just a reminder. We’re all treading a minefield here. There are opinions that will push us to our individual limits, challenging our deepest held opinions, and testing paradigms we thought to be unshakable.

Everyone has an opinion. Some are stronger evangelists for their own than others. This happens on both sides of the board. Readers should be able to sense when they’ve had too much and stop reading. Posters should realize when they are pushing too hard and strive to keep the peace.

Whoever got the living crap kicked out of him and went on to realize how much he liked it? No one did.