William Lane Craig on The Genealogical Adam and Eve Workshop

No, I’m suggesting that the particular eastern culture in question, the Harappan civilization, wasn’t around at the time of the neo-Babylonian empire.

Well, now, “apes” would probably not mean actual apes but monkeys. Peacocks make more sense, though. Still, how long have they been semi-domesticated? The source need not be India, just as seeing chickens being traded doesn’t mean they’re coming from Southeast Asia.

That’s not bad. I think the data could also fit two sources of dispersal, given that there are a few sites in India that are as old as the oldest in the Near East. But the presence of wheat at some of the sites is consistent with a Near Eastern source. Perhaps we could be looking at a mixed model.

The blue peacock lives in India and Sri Lanka , while the green peacock is found in Java and Myanmar ( Burma )…

Peacocks | National Geographic

(Peacocks | National Geographic)

Interestingly, many sects of the Kurds honors the Peacock as the ideal representation of their God, which hints at their ethnic affinity with Aryan/Iranian civilization; Peacocks are not native to Kurdistan.

Most interesting is that it appears the Sumerian cuneiform for Peacock was written like the cuneiform for the God Ea - - because the bird’s loud “call” sounded like Peacocks were calling Ea’s name!

My son does a mean peacock impersonation. Perhaps he could get a job as a Sumerian priest if business slackens off. On thhe other hand, walking around naked doing peacock calls has limited job satisfaction, I should imagine.

1 Like