Winston Ewert: The Dependency Graph of Life

An interesting and signficant article was published at the Discovery Institute, by @Winston_Ewert : The Dependency Graph of Life, DOI: 10.5048/BIO-C.2018.3.

[NOTE: This thread has special rules; read and follow them or there will be consequences]

This article is being drummed up by a past interlocutor of @vjtorley and myself (@Cornelius_Hunter) here on this forum thread:

It has always been known that the common descent model fails, both from a long list of particular examples, as well as in systematic studies. But what might a better model be? Winston Ewert’s new paper (Ewert 11) presents a dependency graph model, inspired by computer science. The paper uses model selection methods, and shows that the dependency graph model is a far superior model compared to common descent.
New Paper Demonstrates Superiority of Design Model - Faith & Science Conversation - The BioLogos Forum

I thought it would be worth discussing this in more detail here. I know that @T.j_Runyon and @cwhenderson are thinking about this article too. Skimming it, seems like there will be some good things to discuss here about genetics. I’ll invite Winston to join us here, and hopefully he will join us.

It is well known that I am a skeptic of ID. If Dr. Ewert joins us here, nonetheless, I insist we treat him with respect. Especially if you disagree with him, be sure to understand him before rebutting his position.

Cite this exchange with DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.1318762.

4 Likes