Atheist Defends Human Rights

Human rights exist in the age, culture, morals, ethics, laws of the society in which we live in. Human rights evolve and are not absolute. By living in a society, a tribe, even a family, human rights are constantly changing with the situations people experience. I can prove the existence of human rights by measuring the impact human rights violations has on people, society, and culture. I am sure that you and I wouldn’t agree on every nuisance of everything claimed to be a human rights violations really qualifies as a human rights violation but I am sure that there are human rights violations all sensible people would agree on. So those human rights which seems to have evolved from human empathy are real. Additional human rights can and are created all the time. Western society is now so evolved and adapted to life in a technological world that telling a child that the Genesis story is a true and factual story can be construed by some as human rights violations or some sort of psychological child abuse. Although my view of human rights is different from yours, there is a large area of agreement of what both of us would consider real human rights.