Behe, Swamidass, and Berean

@nwrickert

And that’s why it is not helpful to have atheists and agnostics participating in some of these conversations. They throw confusion and obscurity into the air like it is real to Christians.

There are some conversations that really only make sense to other faith-based participants.

No trolling. I’m asking for clarification. Why won’t you explain what you mean?

Apparently. But why not? If you can’t explain what you mean, that leads to the suspicion that you don’t know.

Or do they only seem to make sense? Arguing the point with someone who doesn’t share your beliefs already can help to clarify that point.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if they take codon usage into account when they model synonymous mutations and molecular clocks? When I have designed de novo sequence for E. coli work I usually have to be mindful of codon usage and avoid rare codons. In fact, there are engineered strains of E. coli used for recombinant protein expression that have added genes for rare codons.

1 Like

I don’t think so. I doubt they even distinguish between silent and nonsilent changes, though models often incorporate separate parameters for each codon position, which goes some way toward addressing it.