Behe vindicated, again!

Heads they win, tails we lose. When you are addressing an ideology that starts with the conclusion you will have those who are blind to the errors in their logic due to the simple fact that they didn’t use logic to get to their conclusion. Do any of us think that Behe exhaustively researched the genetic causes of adaptations before writing his “first rule”?

I do.

Why? His cherry-picked data indicates otherwise.

Sure. If we still had reptilian brains, we’d just leave our young to fend for themselves after their birth. That ability is now broken, and we can probably never regain it.

Just one more example of how Behe is vindicated, again !!!

2 Likes

When bats evolved it broke the ability they had to not fly.

Checkmate Evos! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

My statement is true and your counter example utterly fails because it doesn’t at all document the reversion to a functional state of a broken gene that has spread in a population as a result of adaptive loss of function. I invite you to actualize your knowledge about the molecular mechanisms underpinning industrial melanism in peppered moths.
https://www.nature.com/articles/nature17951

LOL :joy:

You were skeptical of the idea white polar bears couldn’t evolve back into being brown. I merely showed what a ridiculous idea that was. Do you understand at least why your claim was so ridiculous?

BTW I hope you didn’t strain your back pushing those goalposts all the way across the field. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Can you point to a single positive example? Can you point to an ancestral and modified genome where a change from one to the other, made by the supposed designer, resulted in a gain of function?

1 Like

Sorry but by your answer here, you clearly manifest that you don’t understand the science behind this dispute. To tell you the truth, I am a bit disappointed for I expected better from you :frowning:.

If mutations in the polar bear changed the polar bear gene so that it is identical to the brown bear gene, would the polar bear have brown fur?

LOL! You can always count on Creationist bluster to hide their embarrassment when they face plant. Did you ever figure out how speciation works or why life has been on the planet 3.5 billion years? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You’re fantasizing. I’m not embarrassed in the least because I know I have the best case regarding this dispute. But at least this dispute has allowed me to see that we can always count on Tim’s bluster to hide it’s embarrassment when he faces plant.

I’m just gonna leave this here…

6 Likes

You should be.

3 Likes

…and 99% of scientists that actually study these matters have been duped! Definitely that’s the most likely scenario. Definitely.

7 Likes

You should be very embarrassed with your continual demonstrations of scientific ineptitude. I suppose Creationists as a rule lack the self awareness to be embarrassed by their failures.

I already explained to you back mutations and gave a real world example which you of course completely dodged. But according to you and Behe such things are impossible. :rofl:

If you think that with his irrelevant peppered moth example Tim has demonstrated that my skepticism regarding polar bear reversion was unfounded, then I am sorry to tell you that you don’t understand the subject either.

What magic barrier makes it impossible for a polar bear to have a mutation producing brown fur? You keep forgetting to tell us.

2 Likes

Just going to leave this here.

4 Likes