Being an Affirmed Atheist is not Scientific

The incident, happened in the span of time between Sundown and Sunrise.

It is an etymological fiction, explaining how the name Israel was coined: “contending” in Hebrew is suggested as the plausible explanation. And the being being wrestled was no less than Yahweh as Sun God… he could not tarry any further with Jacob, because he had an appointment with the Sunrise!

It’s a pagan story that has been co-opted by the Jewish priests to explain why the stories of Jacob should be considered the stories of Israel.

But there was also the more widespread notion that the name Israel came from the “Ten of EL” or “El’s Ten”… which is why Israel is presented as a tribal confederation of ten tribes. But, in fact, this is a fiction as well, since the tenth tribe was Simeon, which is placed in the southern heartland of the territory of Judah!

That comment I made about the duration was not about Jacobs struggle with the Angel of God.

You can read above for the context.

1 Like

The Hebrews were able to leave because of multiple successive miracles, the direct intervention of God. I suspect that the inhabitants of Auschwitz would also have left of their own free will, given such a level of intervention, yet it was not forthcoming. If stopping the Holocaust would have violated free will, how is aiding the Exodus not equally a violation?

I have been very unimpressed so far by the depth of your thinking. It reached a tipping point right there. Sorry/not sorry.

1 Like