Can God be a useful "scientific" hypothesis? Yes

Sure. I will explain further with an example. A hydrothermal vent simulation experiment by researchers reported that they created protocells with the capacity to self-replicate continuously for multiple generations, mirroring the behavior of biological cells. They concluded that their work demonstrated how lifelike cells emerged from nonliving matter under conditions similar to the hydrothermal vents found on the early earth.

However, they artificially and carefully designed or selected certain molecules such as phospholipids that play a key role in forming stable vesicles. A quote from their article truly reflects this: “To achieve this goal, we selected well-defined suitable lipids and macromolecules, including newly designed ones, and constructed a giant vesicle (GV)-based model protocell that links self-replication of information molecules (RNA/DNA) with the self-reproduction of a compartment (GV)” (italics added).

A recursive vesicle-based model protocell with a primitive model cell cycle | Nature Communications

If my hypothesis is true, then the second round of experiments that do not insert the observer into the experiment will produce negative results because it is not guided by the experimenter.

However, if my hypothesis is false, then the second (unguided) experiment will produce the same results as the first one.

1 Like