Canaanites Ancient DNA

This might be helpful to place GA.

https://www.cell.com/ajhg/fulltext/S0002-9297(17)30276-8?code=ajhg-site

2 Likes

It is helpful to me Patrick. It fits perfectly with the scenario I laid out in Early Genesis , the Revealed Cosmology. The timing, the ID of the two mixing population groups, everything.

1 Like

@anon46279830

Here’s an enlarged exhibit from the link @Patrick provided. I made it for me, so I could see what was going on… and thought I might as well leave a copy here.

[[ Be sure to click on the image to zoom in to it’s largest view. ]]

**[[ NOTE: Currently, nothing happens when I click on the image. Maybe it’s already at maximum size? ]]

1 Like

Very friendly atheist are you.

Reminds me another conversation: Atheist Declares His Adam. Brings a smile to my face. And a laugh.

1 Like

@anon46279830

I’d like to condense some of the verbage down to what I think are particularly noteworthy observations!:

POINT ONE: Y haplogroups J-58 ARE COMMON IN PRESENT NEAR EAST - -
“… the two Sidon_BA [Phoenician Bronze Age] males carried the Y-chromosome haplogroups45 J-P58 (J1a2b) and J-M12 (J2b) (Tables 1 and S4; Figure S11), both common male lineages in the Near East today.”

**POINT TWO: ORIGIN OF J-P58 MAY BE ZAGROS/TAURUS REGION - - **
“Haplogroup J-P58 is frequent in the Arabian peninsula with proposed origins in the Zagros/Taurus mountain region.46 It forms the vast majority of the Y chromosomes in southwestern Mesopotamia and reaches particularly high frequencies (74.1%) in Marsh Arabs in Iraq.47” [Speculation: Marsh Arabs have high Scythian-like genetic component!]

POINT THREE: J-M12 MOST CONCENTRATED IN BALKANS (extending to India) - -
On the other hand, haplogroup J-M12 is widespread at low frequency from the Balkans to India and the Himalayas, with Albanians having the highest proportions (14.3%).48

POINT FOUR: IRANIAN CHALCOLITHIC ARRIVED IN LEVANT WITH METAL WORK - -
We compiled frequencies of Y-chromosome haplogroups in this geographical area and their changes over time in a dataset of ancient and modern Levantine populations (Figure S12), and note, similarly to Lazaridis et al.,13 that haplogroup J was absent in all Natufian and Neolithic Levant male individuals examined thus far, but emerged during the Bronze Age in Lebanon and Jordan along with ancestry related to Iran_ChL (Iran Chalcolithic).

POINT FIVE: ARRIVAL EST. 3000 BCE [LUWIAN/MITANNI METAL WORKERS?] - -
We next sought to estimate the time when the Iran_ChL-related ancestry penetrated the Levant…. Using ALDER50 (with mindis: 0.005), we set the Lebanese as the admixed test population and Natufians, Levant_N, Sidon_BA, Iran_N, and Iran_ChL as reference populations. ….The most significant result was for mixture of Levant_N and Iran_ChL (p = 0.013) around 181 ± 54 generations ago, or ∼5,000 ± 1,500 ya …. This admixture time, based entirely on genetic data, fits the known ages of the samples based on archaeological data since it falls between the dates of Sidon_BA (3,650–3,750 ya) and Iran_ChL (6,500–5,500 ya).

POINT SIX: 2200 BCE MOVEMENT OF NAHRAIN REFUGEES SOUTH:
The admixture time also overlaps with the rise and fall of the Akkadian Empire which controlled the region from Iran to the Levant between ∼4.4 and 4.2 kya. The Akkadian collapse is argued to have been the result of a widespread aridification event around 4,200 ya.51, 52 Archaeological evidence in this period documents large-scale influxes of refugees from Northern Mesopotamia toward the south, where cities and villages became overpopulated.53

POINT SEVEN: FUTURE STUDY WILL NARROW DOWN SOURCE OF
IRANIAN CHALCOLITHIC ANCESTRY - -
Our confidence intervals for the admixture dates are wide and therefore the historical links suggested here should be considered with caution. Future sampling of ancient DNA from northern Syria and Iraq will reveal whether these populations carried the Iran_ChL-related ancestry and also provide a better understanding of the origin of the eastern migrants and the time when they arrived in the Levant.

POINT EIGHT: ABOUT 900 BCE, SCYTHIAN/STEPPE PENETRATIONS BEGIN - -
To estimate the time when the Steppe ancestry penetrated the Levant, we used, as above, LD-based inference and set the Lebanese as admixed test population with Natufians, Levant_N, Sidon_BA, Steppe_EMBA, and Steppe_MLBA as reference populations. We found support (p = 0.00017) for a mixture between Sidon_BA and Steppe_EMBA which has occurred around 2,950 ± 790 ya (Figure S13B). It is important to note here that Bronze Age Steppe populations used in the model need not be the actual ancestral mixing populations, and the admixture could have involved a population which was itself admixed with a Steppe-like ancestry population. The time period of this mixture overlaps with the decline of the Egyptian empire and its domination over the Levant….

Yes, and I postulated an origin for Adam and Eve and the families of Noah in Anatolia and the Taurus and Zargos mountains. Further, that the clans of Noah entered Mesopotamia and started the Uruk expansion, which ended around 3100 BC. This corresponds to the scattering after Babel where it is written “afterward were the families of the Canaanites scattered abroad.” Further, I postulated that the references to the families of Noah in Gen. 9 and 10 (“by these were the earth divided”) does NOT refer to a situation where these families constituted the whole human population but rather that they added the natives into their households wherever they went and these became the core of new nations.

So about 5100 years ago people with the J1 Y-haplogroup (the Cohen Y-hap) who originated in NE Anatolia and NW Iran, after a stop in Mesopotamia, left for Canaan and mixed with the locals creating a new population. The study is saying just what I said in the book. They said it based on a DNA study, I said it based on a study of the scriptures.

5100 years ago is 3100 BCE… could very well be ???
[I’m revising this post!]

I should note that if this vector drove deep into the Saudi populations it could actually explain one of the mysteries of Exodus:

In Hebrew, the Mitanni would be ‘MTN’. In Hebrew, the Medes are ‘MDN’. I believe The Medes had a reputation for avoiding wine… like the Rechabites. And the Midianites, also ‘MDN’, could have been the Mitanni. There are some timeline problems to wrestle with… along the same lines as Deborah’s Song tribal references.