Coat color evolution--is there evidence for new mutations?

Yes, you did:

That was not true, and there’s no reference to Avra Valley and Portal.

Even if you weren’t misrepresenting the data and the frequency had been 0 of a massive sample of 43 mice, why would that suggest that the mutations were new ones?

You really have trouble admitting an error or unwarranted exaggeration, don’t you?

So what? Are they reproductively isolated?

Stop with the “emergence” waffling. You claimed that the mutation is new. There’s no evidence for that, you realize it, but rather than coming clean, you’re handwaving and obfuscating.

There were several wild populations considered in this paper. They don’t know what loci or alleles are involved in the others. Hence my question, which you haven’t answered.

Really? Is the frequency of the allele zero? Is the sample large enough to conclude that?

And how did you determine that the population is completely reproductively isolated from populations with the black allele? Why did they find a black mouse at Pincate if the negative selection is so strong?

I don’t disagree with the paper. The evolution was very rapid. There’s just no evidence to support your claim that the mutations are new, no matter how much you wave your hands. I already explained this and you didn’t respond. How come?