Code as an Analogy of DNA?

Do you understand the philosophical presuppositions of scientism? …and how they influence scientific conclusions?

I’m a Christian that believes God created all things and that He raised this man Jesus from the dead. Do you think I’m falling prey to scientism?

1 Like

I understand people who don’t understand how scientific conclusions are reached sure complain about “scientism” a lot. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not at all, or mostly not. But some of the things that @Timothy_Horton and others were saying made it clear that they were drawing conclusions that were not scientific.

1 Like

Or that you just didn’t understand the science the rest of us were discussing.

1 Like

Feel free to think that.

Thank you for clarifying. It might be worth exploring why my confession does not unsettle scientist. I agree with you ultimately that God created us, but I don’t see value in bad arguments in service if that truth. Not putting forward a bad argument, scientists don’t have a problem with it.

1 Like

We can only go by what you demonstrate, and by what you don’t.

But you cannot say scientifically that there was/is no Creator/Coder/Template Designer.

You are quite evidently capable of being in error.

We can’t say scientifically there are no gravity fairies or invisible pixies making flowers grow either. But since there is zero positive evidence for those things we don’t include them in scientific discussions.

1 Like

If I had a good argument for it I could. Why not? I get zero leeway for making a bad argument. Right now according to how science works, you can’t answer the question either way. Most the scientific arguments against God are as bad as those for Him.

4 Likes

You could try.

Of course I can be in error. The difference between us is I admit it when it happens. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Mostly what I have seen you do is sling insults, not demonstrate science.

I not only try, I succeed. Why would I pollute that with an obviously bad argument?

2 Likes

Stop looking at yourself in the mirror and projecting.

You wouldn’t, consciously, anyway. But we are talking hypotheticals.

You are making my point. Thank you.

You are making my point, Thank you.