Daniel Deen: Thank God for Evolution

Philosophy
Society

(S. Joshua Swamidass) #43

Looks like @nlents will be a Crosswise speaker this next year. That will be fun to hear about!

(Nathan H. Lents) #44

Eh… are you sure about that? It’s one thing for you to go, but I’m not sure they’re ready for me to speak. I have a lot more baggage with the community than you do.

I’m sorry but can someone tell me, or give me a link to what this Crosswise is about?

Never mind, found it!

(S. Joshua Swamidass) #47

Maybe not sure. Consider it a prediction. :smile:. If not this year, soon I’m sure. I received an immense amount of positive feedback about your presence and contributions.

We explained Crosswise here: Daniel Deen and Joel Oesch: The Lutheran Voice and Crosswise Institute. See links therein.

(Dr. Patrick Trischitta) #48

@NLENTS why subject yourself and your family to this?

(Daniel Deen) #49

Ha-Ha. We briefly talked about it at some point during the end of the meetings this past week (1/22/2019). But, @swamidass, nothing is laid down in stone. Once I get off my arse and solidify the dates and IF they work for @NLENTS and IF he is still willing/able to come out, then it may happen!

Perhaps, if we do a session on Christianity in the Public Square at some point, I’ll invite @Patrick out to educate the kids about the law and Christianity. :crazy_face:

(Dr. Patrick Trischitta) #50

I am not a lawyer. But Andrew Siedel from FFRF is an excellent lawyer on separation of church and state and infringement of religion into education. See FFRF video on Ark Encounter and science education:

YouTube

(system) automatically bumped #51