Does this study strongly confirm "De novo" creation?

I don’t think this would make him a critic of the biblical story. There are multiple Adam and Eve propositions that could fit the biblical story, I think.

1 Like

Where does the Bible make this claim? And what does “perfect” even mean? (For that matter, what would “error-free” mean in the context of genomes? Do you/we know that they would have had fully functional GULOP coding for the production of Vitamin C? Of course, being in a garden with fruit trees, would a non-functional GULOP have been an “error” per se?)

Genesis 1 says that God pronounced the creation “very TOV [good]”, which in no way means “perfect”. (Indeed, there are other Hebrew words which could have been used if that was the intended meaning.)

Also, do you have a citation for that quotation?

4 Likes

According to the implications of the story and hypothesis, they would have been enriched with a greater amount of diversity so that the defects, which occurred later on, would be reduced. Thus, it would take quite some time and many generations before we would see these defects arise as a result of inbreeding and even then, the effects would not be universal.

This is essentially what [I thought] the study revealed as well because it showed how most of the harmful mutations in people arose in the past 5,000 to 10,000 years. The study also observed that the older the genetic variant, the less likely it was to be deleterious. I already gave the citation for this.

Also, make sure you take a look at my latest changes of my case for testing the Divine in my other topic.

Who would have been enriched? Why would that cause defects that occurred later on to be reduced? What do you mean by “reduced”? Where is the inbreeding coming from? I’m afraid you are not good at clarity of expression.

2 Likes

How would such an enrichment with “a greater amount of diversity” be possible? Extra DNA? More than two alleles each? And is this “enrichment” really implied in the Genesis account?

I’m finding your hypothesis difficult to follow.

Meanwhile, are you agreeing that the Genesis text
says nothing about Adam and Eve being “perfect”?

2 Likes

In regards to this topic, I agree. The information from previous responses came from old and Young creationist websites. But I am much better at responding to your objections at the other topic I created. So I encourage you to take a second look at my latest changes from previous critiques and make some critiques of your own again.

I’m very sorry, but I don’t believe that’s true.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.