Eddie, Evolution, and Consensus

It’s common for people to confuse “imply” and “infer”, too, but that doesn’t make their usage correct. Anyone who equates Pentecostals with fundamentalists, or evangelicals with fundamentalists, or the Reformed confessions with fundamentalism, is being sloppy and confusing in usage. There can of course be overlap between fundamentalism and any of those things, but they aren’t the same, and anyone who makes out that they are the same is guilty of muddying the waters and blocking clear communication.

Another bad confusion of terms. The movement from “medieval” to “fundamentalist” is grossly misinformed.

I won’t bother replying to the rest of your diatribe. It’s just a repetition of the same old accusations. Jon Garvey will certainly attest to the fact that I’m not a fundamentalist, and I believe that Joshua would, too. Also, given the number of “Likes” he puts on my posts on religious and theological matters, I would imagine that Allen Witmer MIller, no fundamentalist, realizes that I am not a fundamentalist. And of course I have recently chided Greg, a fundamentalist, for his narrow approach to Biblical interpretation. But you can believe what you like. I’m unconcerned with your opinion of me. You aren’t a person of any significance in theology/science discussion worldwide. If your name was William Lane Craig or Alvin Plantinga or Edward Feser, I might be more concerned about how you regard me, but that is counterfactual.

2 Likes