Evaluating Kurt Wise's Devotional Biology Textbook

I just have to ask, do those colleges realise how selfish they are? I’m certain that there are some people there who want to go into biology field yet they can’t because they were thaught faulty biology from grade school all the way to college.

That’s just all kinds of wrong.

5 Likes

Here is the clarification:

“We believe that all humanity is descended from Adam and Eve. They are historical persons created by God in a special formative act, and not from previously existing life forms.”
News » Bryan College | Dayton, TN

Entertainingly, the Genealogical Adam is entirely consistent with the clarification. There is no conflict between evolutionary science and this clarification.

What do you make of that @deuteroKJ?

i Agree with you (and I signed the new statement for two more years before leaving—I do parse for a living!—though they removed me from the classroom and stuck me online/graduate). The problem however was that the “real” line internally was YEC. They had Al mohler at 2015 graduation…then Ken Ham in 2016 (yes honorary doctorate in science). And some AiG visits intermittently.

In 2014 the problems many had were (1) the school charter forbids changes to the doctrinal statement, and (2) the administration promised the so-called clarification would not affect that year’s Contracts, only to change their mind 4 days later. Some were kicked to the curb with no chsnce if finding employment.

There were even worse problems internally, prompting the 30-2 no confidence vote in the prez. No matter. He won (for now).

1 Like