Examining "Darwin's Doubt"

I definitely see where you were coming from. Of course, there are scientists who work with the Discovery Institute who would probably disagree. In fairness to their point of view, at least some well-chosen scientist co-authors would have avoided the most obvious errors of fact. (??)

Indeed, I actually want ID advocates to be able to cite authors who have truly put forward the best case they possibly could. If the very best arguments fail, then we know that “ID theory at its best” has been well refuted. (As it is now, I’ve heard a few ID advocates tell me “Our position shouldn’t be judged on the basis of a book like Darwin’s Doubt. After all, Meyer is a philosopher and not a biologist. Once the Discovery Institute has published more of its research, the world will sit up and pay attention.”)

One of my resolutions which I’m applying well before the New Year is being as congenial as possible to the ID advocates I encounter. I want them to know that I am always willing to listen and give “ID theory” a chance even though I have not been impressed so far. I want to take a Peaceful Science approach to dialogue.

1 Like