Food for thought on whale evolution

Yep. Because it descended from a land mammal. The running and swimming biomechanics are the same. Spine moves in the same way

4 Likes

Now that is just being obtuse. It is a flipper. It flips. There is no need specifically of a fibula as opposed to any number of arrangements.

This is not a court case. You are free to believe as you will regardless of the evidence.

because a dorsal fin has different function at different location. you cant realy compare the two.

feel free to do that. but im not the one who need to prove that a dolphin need design. you are the one who need to prove it evolved.

no it doesnt. even if we never found a transitional fossil of whale evolution will be ok with that (in fact many such fossils are still missing and no one cares). so evolution doesnt predict this.

another assumption.

have you ever designed a whale without these parts and the whale performance were the same?

Laughing
Out
Loud

@scd

You are back? Ugh… looks like I’m going to have to drop my participation in this thread. You are going to repeat yourself, repeat yourself, repeat yourself…

AND YOU WILL NEVER ALLOW THAT OMNIPOTENT GOD CAN USE EVOLUTION.

You don’t really belong anywhere on this list, but I won’t agitate further on this thread.

I noticed where you ignored data I provided. Your favorite word is assumption. @colewd favorite word is assertion. That’s all you guys ever add to the conversation. You have got to become more familiar with the data and why biologists believe what they believe. Simply saying assumption isn’t going to get rid of the evidence.

2 Likes

im not joking. the burdon of proof was always on the naturalistic side. remember the famous watch argument. im not the one who need to prove that a watch need design.

unless they are indeed base on assumption. like in this case.

Can @moderators split all the “god-guided evolution” comments to a different thread, keeping this one about whale evolution?

3 Likes

You weren’t just asked about restorations of fossil animals with claspers, but about actual living humpback whales with atavistic leg bones.

1 Like

these bones also exist in basilosaurus and he used it for flippers.