GE of the coronavirus doesn't make sense

I don’t remember that. For my part, I suggested they may have reached an immunity level where it’s circulating slowly until they reach herd immunity. That may be the case in Florida as well, along with the kind of climate right now the virus doesn’t do well in - we may see a slight summer peak around the country again when everyone is inside with air conditioning.

I don’t think we’ll see the effects of GE for several years. I believe Sanford and Carter were saying the effects weren’t significant for several years, in fact there was a higher second peak with the Spanish Flu, IIRC? Also, coronaviruses mutate more slowly than the flu?

I didn’t feel like commenting on it when I made the thread linked below, but I was sort of curious if anyone would pick up on it… When I read more molnupiravir after seeing the headline, it seemed like the kind of antiviral that Sanford and Carter were advocating would be helpful especially in a pandemic. If it continues to do well in trials, that might be better evidence of GE than anything we’ll see in the immediate future. But that’s only if I understood its mechanism of action correctly. :smiling_face: If not, then I’m sure someone will correct me.