Glenn Morton: Is the Garden of Eden real?

Well, I have been a rather cynical individual in my life. There are occasionally good reasons to be cynical or at least doubtful of claims by an atheist that they would work hard to find a way for the Bible to be true. Color me VERY doubtful.

No, I know he exists, but given that I don’t think you want the Bible to be true, it logically follows that one in that position would be happy to have Scripture remain nonsense. I don’t know what upsets you about that. Your position can’t be maintained if you make scripture true. And I presume you like your position

I am almost through, just in time for the hospice people to come here tomorrow and give me some oxygen. I think I have used my last strength here to attempt to talk to my fellow believers. It seems that other than Eddie and you, most didn’t engage. Your prediction at the beginning that I would generally go this way alone seems correct–you should win the prophet of the month award.

From my point of view, I have run my 50 year race that was set before me, and got to the end, the rivers of Eden just a few months before my death. From my perspective, and you might not appreciate it, I feel like I have done what I should have done with my life. While I appreciate your earlier concerns for my reputation being ruined by talking about this stuff, I would rather go out of this world proclaiming God’s glory, than seeking the pleasure of other men. I do believe in an afterlife–strongly and certainly. Maybe you haven’t ever seen a Christian who goes out of this world, believing what he has spouted for years on end. If not, I am that person!

If I am wrong about an afterlife, I won’t ever know it. If I am right, and I have bet my course in life on it, then I will soon see Jesus. (I know, talk like that makes academics nervous–even christian academics).

One or maybe 2 more posts and I must rest.