How Does Biological Evolution Deal With This?

No, there is nothing in physics to prevent exactly the same structure, down to the level of DNA from occurring independently in different lineages. Then again, there is nothing stopping a thousand monkeys with typewriters from duplicating the works of Shakespeare. But given finite timescales, it doesn’t happen. There are no examples in the historical record.

You ought to know that, “Structures that are the result of convergent evolution are called analogous structures or homoplasies; they should be contrasted with homologous structures, which have a common origin.“

1 Like

And, @scd, I posted an example of such convergent human evolution involving mostly different genes just above.

1 Like

they are not odd at all. i even showed here that about 50% of creatures morphology dont fit with their genetic phylogeny (and thus are out of place).

no. its a subjective claim that we cant get the same sequence by convergent evolution.

we can say that ID also has many evidence from many scientific fields and thus we need many counter evidence to falsify it.

this is what i said. so there is no real bar that we might say that this cant happen by convergent evolution. if you can show that its indeed improbable please show me.

i have no problem with that. im just saying that there is no real limit for evolution at the molecular level too.

As I said, it hasn’t happened in 4 billion years.

@scd

No, we cant say that about I.D. I cant think of any ID evidence that even begins to overturn Evolution.

But if you want to say that ID supports God-Guided Evolution, I would say you might have a point!

You have done no such thing.

No, it is a claim that can be demonstrated empirically thru mathematics.

1 Like

what didnt happened in the last 4 billion years? molecular convergent evolution?

but the opposite is also true: i cant think of any evolution evidence that can falsify ID.

so show me the calculation please.

That’s not quite the same thing as the claim you are responding to, which was:

You’ve essentially admitted that ID is an unfalsifiable claim, which makes it useless as a hypothesis.

Nah, I don’t think so. I’ll let you do the work of calculating the number of mutations that would be required, and the odds of that exact sequence arising again thru viable pathways.

1 Like

189 posts were split to a new topic: Is ID science? Redux

@scd

Behe believes in God-Guided Evolution… do you?

1 Like

Yes, you can say that. But it isn’t true.

4 Likes

That “like” arrived so fast I think I’m being stalked.

Yes, that resulted in the exact reappearance of a structure like a fish fin.

can you elaborate on that? give me a specific (theoretical) case that evolution cant explain and show why it will falsify common descent.

i dont think so. even if we never found a single fossil evolution will be just fine with that.

the same is true here. i even showed here that about 50% of cases base on morphology dont fit with the genetics.

so how you can show that its impossible according to evolution to evolve hollow bones again?. there is no such calculation and thus this is only an assumption. evolution has no such bar.

Two completely different genetic codes based on different polymeric molecules and producing radically different biomolecules.

You should have been able to think of this yourself.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Is ID science? Redux