Human Evolution Discussion with Ahmed

I just rejected a couple snarky posts. I try to be fairly light-handed with the moderation but this thread is getting a bit aggressive and we don’t want it to get nasty.

So let me just remind everyone of some our community guidelines and expectations.

Especially as this is in the Conversation category, please try to keep the professionalism up and be hospitable as you engage with those you disagree. As much as possible try to keep criticism constructive. Posts should include questions, information, or otherwise move the conversation forward. You can be honest and to the point without being uncivil.

Remember, these are among our values:

1. By tolerance , we mean to create space for those with whom we disagree, where we can engage larger questions together, even as we explain our own point of view.
  2. By patience , we mean endurance with one another across our disagreements, where we seek to understand others, and help them understand us.

Also remember our guidelines:

1. Focus on ideas, don’t make it personal
  2. Don’t use abusive language
  3. Don’t assume motives
  4. Don’t engage in endless exchanges that simply repeat statements. Sometimes the best idea is to take a break and come back later.
  5. Flag posts that are spam/abusive/inappropriate, don’t engage or respond. Don’t feed the trolls. Don’t be a troll.
3 Likes