Icons of Evograd

A cross-section of a zebrafish head. I just found it randomly on google. I decided to find a profile picture on the fly to collect that sweet sweet “Autobiographer” badge.

4 Likes

Nice. You are having fun here. Any more posts on your blog planned? Maybe invite your friends here to talk to you some?

I’m currently working on the behemoth that is my review of chapter 7 of Jeanson’s book. Hope to finally have it done by the end of the week. 20 pages and counting…

3 Likes

Post excerpts here. Even early if you want feedback.

Hmm, a single like button isn’t enough for this comment.

2 Likes

I’d be happy to send advance copies to interested parties for a bit of peer-review before the final post goes live. I have to cover a lot of ground, none of it in my specific field of expertise, so I’d appreciate as much informed feedback as possible!

3 Likes

Thanks for taking this on. I’ve talked to others (including BioLogos staff) and the general conclusion is, “we want interact with it, but *&@#$ it’s so much verbiage to wade through…where do we begin…and is it worth the effort?” So, it’s perfect for a grad student to take the yeoman’s work and actually do something which will, long term, be worth it. Thanks in advance!

This might be the perfect forum for some reflection!

3 Likes

That’s what grad students are for, after all. Doing all the jobs that the seniors want done, but can’t be bothered to do themselves :joy:

4 Likes

Yep, been there, done that! I thought about listing on my CV all the times I made it on my mentor’s Preface comments for the behind-the-scenes work done on several commentaries. Unfortunately, I don’t have the honor of paying it forward since I teach only undergrad students.

2 Likes

Please send me a copy @evograd. You have my email.

1 Like

Is it still popular for science grad students to get geeky tattoos?

1 Like

It’s not uncommon, I know of a few.

1 Like

Two thinks I saw coming but completely missed the boat for early investing: 1) Coffins for the extremely obese. 2) Tattoo removal equipment.

1 Like

So now that you brought it up, teach us about micro-CT’s and Zebrafish heads. Sounds very interesting.

So when are @argon, @John_Dalton, @T_aquaticus, @deuteroKJ, @PdotdQ, @gbrooks9, @eddie, @Ashwin_s, and all the other regulars gonna get pics on their profiles?

1 Like

I’ve been called out so I can’t not do it.

1 Like

Nope. Won’t succumb to peer pressure.

1 Like

Peer pressure is evil.

1 Like

I like it @T_aquaticus, which protein?

@Joel_Duff I know AIG is gunning for you to respond. Maybe you post a link/summary to @evograd’s article when it’s up.?