Icons of Evograd

@Joel_Duff I know AIG is gunning for you to respond. Maybe you post a link/summary to @evograd’s article when it’s up.?

Taq polymerase, of course. :wink:

1 Like

Herman Mays has just published a rather lengthy response to Jeansons book http://www.monofilia.org/blog/2018/9/11/t04ffju3cm7d19aspiy1broiiq1w8d

3 Likes

From Herman Mays’ review of Jeanson’s book in his conclusion Dr. Mays captures wonderfully why we are here at Peaceful Science:

“I have no issues with religious beliefs in the broad sense, nor am I an atheist. As long as you are not harming anyone, forcing your beliefs on others or misrepresenting your religious beliefs as something they are not I respect anyone’s right to believe in what they wish. However, the mingling of science, “culture war” social issues and fundamentalist religion is dangerous. It places in jeopardy science literacy and trust in the scientific community and our scientific institutions which in turn in the long term only serves to erode the standing of the United States as a global leader in science and basic research. The brand of quasiscientific special creationism peddled by the likes of Nathaniel Jeanson, along with the similar approach by intelligent design organizations like the Discovery Institute, are Trojan horses. They ostensibly look like science on the outside but inside are narrow religious views that their proponents wish to impose on public life in America.”

Dr. Herman Mays 9/11/2018

Peer pressure is one thing but not having a custom avatar of some kind is really beyond the pale.

Give me a few days!