Is Creationism actually science?

Exactly. If the most intelligent being of which we know cannot possible create a thing, it is irrational in the extreme to then conclude it was created by an intelligent being.

The conclusion is inescapable: The creative powers of matter, energy and natural laws far exceeds that of an intelligent being, when the former have billions of years and an entire universe at their disposal, and the latter only a few decades and a single, tiny planet.

3 Likes

With a will help from Google, “Omnia latine meliora sonos.” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

so some motors dont look designed? its like saying that some cars dont look designed.

no we dont. even evolutionists (such as Nicholas Matzke, which suppose to be expert in that topic) reject that paper:

No, because some motors are evolved, and yet all known cars were designed. So it’s not like that.

3 Likes

Yes. Yet another bad analogy.

I am not surprised that scientists disagree but I would be highly surprised if Evolution News didn’t disagree. Isn’t Matzke a geographer?

A fourteen year old Evolution News article seems rather dated for such a topic, to say the least.

1 Like

Nick Matzke? He’s an evolutionary biologist. Perhaps you were thinking of a different Matzke.

you believe that some motors could have evolved.

how do you know that? maybe some cars can evolve naturally? (as some motoros can evolve naturally according to you).

Living organisms are inherently complex yet we know they evolve.

Car motors are also complex and we know they are manufactured by humans and robots.

2 Likes

Living things evolve.

You’re welcome to go visit the car factories.

2 Likes

The glass VW factory in Dresden is very cool…

Would you even need to do this? Would seeing the VW brand on the front of the car, and knowledge of the history of Volkswagon be enough evidence?

Sure, we don’t have to do that. We can make a totally straightforward inference from recorded history.

how do you know that?

assumption again.

i can also show you how people design genomes in the lab, so according to this criteria genomes are also the product of design.

Demonstrable fact. Again.

The genomes they design, yes. Genomes they don’t design, no.

1 Like

LTEE anybody?

Shhh. The idea that there are both man-made and naturally-occurring caves would probably blow his mind. And that would leave a mess – albeit a small one. :wink:

3 Likes

Frankly, because I’m not a complete idiot.

7 Likes

I sometimes think that this is at times a grossly unfair advantage on this forum. :wink:

7 Likes

then prove me that the flagellum evolved. it should be very easy. thanks.

since there is no evidence for undesigned genome, this isnt true.