Is Evolution Speculation?

Of course it’s your website and you can call whomever whatever. Does that make you right? No. A little dictator? Yes. Well, good luck with that.

Um, I do not accept neo-Darwinism. No one in science does. Neo-Darwinism was falsified in the 1960s with Haldane and Kimura.

2 Likes

Are you seriously a moderator here and you’re making fun of someone’s post?

1 Like

9 posts were split to a new topic: On the Meaning of Neo-Darwinism

Where did I do that?

@Nonlin.org

There is no way to distinguish between God-guided Natural Selection and Godless Neo-Darwinism.

So your wager will inevitably be wrong.

The link I replied to. I think this will take you there: Is Evolution Speculation?

@swamidass

I would think you could always add a parenthetical statement to the sentence above: “(as a scientist I can’t prove it but as a Christian I can still expect that it is true)” .

So you’re upset that I was being sarcastic to a person who just called me and other people who accept evolutionary science brainwashed and frauds and has questioned my reading comprehension? Okay.

1 Like

Also he had to step down from being moderator so I really need to change his title.

2 Likes

I agree. Especially as a moderator you have a big stick. No need to be sarcastic.

All you have presented are accusations with no evidence to back it up. Until you present evidence there is nothing to deny.

1 Like

Okay. YEC creationism actually is saying evolutionism is not a theory of science. its an untested, relative, hypothesis. It is claiming to be a theory of biology but has no biology evidence. instead it has other subjects evidences as far as they go.
There is no evidence, bio sci, for evolution. or make your three top points. or one.

Hello @Robert_Byers welcome. Good news, there is evidence for evolution, a lot of it. However, keep in mind we aren’t here to debate these things endlessly: The Big Picture on ID and this Forum.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Why Todd Woods Matters

More probably scientists will forget the public claims they made and act as if whatever replacement is found is the consensus…
And turn failure into a virtue of how science self corrects.
Currently, even though Darwinism was falsified long ago, scientists don’t have a marketable story of evolution to take to the masses. As soon as they find one, Darwinism will be taken off the explanatory shelf.
Scientific communication to the public is not science… it’s about prestige and ego and being correct …

@T_aquaticus

Did you read where Todd ALSO SAID he rejects Evolution because of Biblical concerns.

Have you tried to contact Todd? Sounds like he wished there was a way to embrace BOTH Evolution AND Special Creation!

@Ashwin_s,

You might as well be attacking Climate Scientists while you are at it.

You seem quite satisfied with the view that scientists have no intrinsic desire to teach truth … or to help the human condition.

Please remember that @swamidass himself is a scientist… and with a more opinion of your career track than you have of his!

This is an unfair comment.Obviously I am talking about scientists who go around talking about Darwinism as if it is accepted science.
How does this apply to scientists like @swamidass who are upfront in denying darwinism?

The modern theory of evolution is the accepted science. “Darwinism” can mean almost anything that people want, so it really isn’t a useful term. If you want to engage the theory that actually matters then you need to engage the theory that scientists actually use instead of the “Darwinism” strawman.

Just to be clear, the modern theory includes many, many mechanisms. These include, but are not limited to, neutral drift, random mutation, horizontal genetic transfer, hybridization, reticulation, niche construction, punctuated equilibrium, gradualism, natural selection, endosymbiosis, and many more.

2 Likes