Is ID science? Redux

If you watched the video I linked you would know that this is exactly wrong. Tyson explains why that very statement of Newton’s turned out to be an expression of Newton’s own ignorance(hence the title of his talk, “The Perimeter of Ignorance”), and that there’s in fact a long history of famous astronomers and physicists coming up against the limits of their own understanding, giving up and then saying that’s where God’s handiwork must lie.
And that consistently, over and over and over again, some scientist eventually comes along and figures out what previous generations could not. In the case of the coming into stable orbits of celestial bodies, what Newton did not understand how could occur, was later figured out by Laplace.

2 Likes

I’m surprised some enterprising YEC hasn’t claimed the Devil put all that non-coding DNA into genomes just to fool us into thinking evolution had happened. Kinda like the Devil planted all those fake fossils to falsely make the Earth look old. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Whether you agree with Mike or not his position is consistent. This is exactly what he explained to me. Thanks for posting this.

Why do you need a quote to support it? Since you don’t have an actual ID model, you can make no predictions.

1 Like

Consistently anti-science, consistently pandering to his religious audience, and consistently wrong.

1 Like

He doesn’t have to have done that, for lots of junk DNA to accumulate in the genomes of many organisms. Is God personally intervening to prevent the build-up of repetitive DNA, or retrotransposons, or retroviral sequences, or superfluous gene duplications, etc.?

Where is your ID model of “what God does in the genome” that predicts how much this should happen?

Why is ID anti science?

Because it has no physical mechanisms, has no testable hypotheses, makes no predictions, and can’t be falsified. Same as the last 500 times you asked and were answered.

Why does Bill Cole always forget what’s been explained to him so often?

2 Likes

Your claim is false. I don’t forget your false claims I just ignore them.

Well for one thing because it wants to overthrow the very methods that make science useful and reliable, and replace it with fatuous appeals to ignorance and personal revelation.

We have not forgotten the Wedge Strategy. It was Phillip Johnson who said:

“Our strategy has been to change the subject a bit so that we can get the issue of intelligent design, which really means the reality of God, before the academic world and into the schools.”

“This isn’t really, and never has been a debate about science. It’s about religion and philosophy.”

3 Likes

Your denial is childish. Please provide ID’s physical mechanisms. testable hypotheses, predictions which arise from ID’s tenets, and method of falsification.

We know Bill. You ignore all scientific explanations from everyone. It’s become your trademark.

1 Like

Rum. I know you well enough that you don’t want to be hypocritical. The same nonsense is attached to the evolution side with the ACLU and the NCSE. Lets just look at the scientific claim and forget the ideological wars.

Prove it.

1 Like

What positive scientific evidence has ID-Creation ever provided? Ignorance based personal incredulity isn’t scientific evidence Bill.

I have Tim. All except for prediction which is problematic because the mechanism is not deterministic as matter is. We can however test the mechanisms ability to generate information.

Everyone please take a pause and ensure that the issues not the participants are being discussed, please.

2 Likes

Then link to them Bill. Or post them here again. The simple fact is ID-Creationism is anti-science for exactly the reasons I listed. It’s nothing but religious apologetics wrapped in pseudoscience language.

Prove me wrong Bill. You can’t so you won’t even try.

1 Like

Please describe the test for the claim a disembodied mind produced physical genomes.

I have Tim as evidenced by your inability to provide a counter argument which is not a straw-man. Go back to TSZ and you can see your repeated straw-man argument about a dis embodied mind. Please cite a post where any ID proponent claimed a disembodied mind was the mechanism or find another argument that is not a straw-man.

Then link to it Bill. “The dog ate my homework” excuse stopped working in grammar school.

1 Like