Is Patrick a Neanderthal?

Reminiscing a bit, you did come here with guns blazing. I’m really glad I didn’t just get impatient and ban you.

Oh my guns are still blazing. But I am come to the realization that most folks here are nice human beings and just want to learn new things about the world and other human beings.

You still could! I am saving my best Christopher Hitchen rants for when Ken Ham shows up on Peaceful Science.

Please don’t. Maybe I will temporarily suspend you preemptively if they come. It would be more fun if AIG leaders were here all the time. If you go guns blazing you are going to run them off and create more headaches for me than you’ll ever know.

I doubt that Ken Ham will ever show up here.

An acolyte might. If he or she does, be kind. AIG is wrong about a lot, but they are still human beings. Treat them with respect if they come.

1 Like

I try to treat everyone with respect. But there is a difference respecting a person and respecting their views. A person should be prepared to have his or her views attacked, ridiculed , and mocked by someone who doesn’t agree with those views. Attacking a person’s ideas, ideologies, beliefs, religion, customs, is fair in a free secular society. It is not the same as attacking a person for his race, sexual orientation, freedom of expression, body type, gender, ethnicity, disabilities, non-conformances. These are human rights and should be respected unconditionally.

Sure you can do that and you have that right. It is very limited in it’s persuasive power. I’m not interested in excercising my rights as an end itself. I want to make progress.

I think it forces people to look inside themselves and figure out what is best for themselves especially the younger members. Recall how I went after the two Catholic physicists on transubstantiation. They did a great job of defending while keep the physics factual. I thought I had them on glutten free host but they were well versed and did well.

Probably wasn’t worth the bother if they kept on getting ripped by mammoth tusks.

2 Likes