Is Quantum Randomness Random to God?

It’s called PEACEFUL Science. Get over each other!:smiley:

2 Likes

@Patrick

If @swamidass says Science takes no position on God… then ipso facto, your position is too literal an interpretation of the title.

We are discussing how Theology can process Scientific ideas. So Science comes up. But your constant attempt to invalidate Faith because it is incompatible with Science is exactly why we are trying to seek PEACE!

You, and your ilk, are part of the reason for the problem.

Please expand on this. Especially the “your ilk” part.

@Patrick,

Since the militant atheists of the world, for the most part, consider only Science and Scientifically available observations and conclusions to be the most real things in the Universe, they tend to challenge people of faith rather aggressively on the basis that what people of faith believe can’t possibly be valid, because it’s not real.

Science and specifically the theory of evolution is neither atheistic nor theistic. It doesn’t concern itself with creation or religious belief or unbelief, but only describes the development of a branching tree of life produced by natural selection. The same with the rest of science and technology including medical science and technology.

1 Like

@Patrick,

You kind of have a problem with your neurons, don’t you …
You keep forgetting where you are in your computer … now matter where your cursor is… you still think you are in your home, right?

That’s good. Keep on with that…

I am in my home right now. Just came in from walking by the shore. Beautiful day. And I am online interacting simultaneously on nine sties including Friendly Atheist, AIG, Biologos, Atheist Republic, RTB, FFRF, Jerry Coyne’s, EN, Richard Dawkins Science and Reason as well as twitter, facebook, instagram. “I tweet, therefore I am”.

1 Like

@gbrooks9, isn’t @Patrick right on that?

To answer your question, @swamidass, is easy:

For a Christian Evolutionist, can he definitively say: Evolution does not require God? No, he cannot.

Even BioLogos rejects the reality of any Godless Evolution. It’s Mission Statement says this explicitly. In other words, as a theological assertion with 100% certain based on Faith (or as much percentage as anyone can append to faith statements): Evolution could not have happened on Earth without God’s involvement.

The fact @Patrick attempted to deflect my comments

• [[ “Since the militant atheists of the world, for the most part, consider only Science and Scientifically available observations and conclusions to be the most real things in the Universe, they tend to challenge people of faith rather aggressively on the basis that what people of faith believe can’t possibly be valid, because it’s not real.” ]]
    • by a statement that is rejected and considered false by Christian Evolutionists - - it further corroborates my accusation against Patrick that he is cognitively unable to enter into a discussion with a Christian in such a way as to intuitively or reflexively understand the Faith-based perspective.

In fact, his answer is immediate proof that Atheists like Patrick are unable to even apply logic to understanding the Christian mind well enough to anticipate their responses in a dialogue.

Whether it is genetic, environmental, or a form of elderly cognitive deficit, it seems unavoidably true - - otherwise he would not keep producing these intrinsically Atheistic declamations when only an answer crafted on a presumption of Christian Faith would make any sense.

I think that is getting really close to Ken Ham’s view that “Atheists really don’t exist, they are just mad and rebellious against God”. I assure you that atheists do indeed exist. And that I am one of them. You interact just fine with atheists in your life all day long, the guy in the grocer store, your doctors and other medical professions, teachers, policemen, judges, and bartenders, gay people and straight people, married people and single people, young and old, black and white people. But roughly a third of society are according to you

You should get out from your bubble and look more carefully at the world around you. Talk to folks, understand what they are about. I think that you assume that it is still the 1950’s where nearly everyone else was Christian. The world has changed dramatically. Atheists are all around you.

@Patrick

I don’t think this sentence has anything to do with what I’m saying at all.