James Tour: Friendship Across Disagreements

To me, the more I see, the more evidence points to it. What would rule special creation out? I’m not sure you can rule it out. I’ll try to think of something that makes it less likely.

Well, because the evidence isn’t actually consistent with that. Plus you need evolutionary mechanisms happening between thousands of species thousands and millions of times to create diversity we see today. Not only does evolution need to be explain all the differences in life everywhere, chemical evolution also needs to explain how each part of the cell evolved even with time working against it before it could have the most primitive structure. Right now all I see is scientists focusing on a few parts of the cell and focusing on a few different species to show evolution works. Again, it just seems to be missing for the forest for a tree.

Well, if the NASA scientists can’t agree on whether the earth revolves around the sun, or the sun revolves around the earth, yeah.

I was referring to the actual process that leads to large-scale change. You could actually try to understand and empathize with what I’m saying. The sequence data can be evidence of common design.