Mini-thought experiment about the nested hierarchy

I could, but it would be unfair to make such an assumption without evidence in the individual case. For Bill, we have abundant evidence. Do you see such evidence for anyone else here?

How can there be ID theorists if there’s no ID theory?

Fear, I suspect. Or lack of faith in what he’s selling.

1 Like

The way to do that would be to show that unselected data don’t give a nested hierarchy.

But I’m pretty sure you won’t.

Then don’t select the data. Do something instead of analyzing words. Test an ID hypothesis!

1 Like

I see, you were trying to be funny. I thought you had a serious objection to what I said.

I have no idea how this went off the rails, but yes, I had a serious objection. You were apparently trying to claim that Bill’s problem is general, and I don’t think it’s as widespread as you implied.

Dreamtime.

@pnelson

I find the problem with nested hierarchies is that Creations look for those that are problematic while Evolutionists dont use Crime Evidence examples of nested hierarchies enough to show how nested hierarchies arent just about Evolution.

I can’t make sense of this, can you rephrase it?

1 Like

@Rumraket

CSI technicians use evidence schematics like nested hierarchies… especially if they are canvassing the genetic diversity 100 potential perpetrators, some of whom may be related knowingly or unknowingly.

If we can show how crime courts evaluate genetic evidence validly, we can apply the same principled to Evolution.

Typo: The word perpetrators corrected.

1 Like

I’m speechless.

2 Likes

How many times have we been over this Bill? Nothing about those results conflicts with a nested hierarchy, and it’s far too low-resolution compared to sequence-based phylogenetics anyway.

4 Likes

I disagree with your assertion. Let’s see what Paul thinks.

No they don’t. Human individuals don’t fit nested hierarchies. They fit a web of relationships. That’s what gene flow does.

2 Likes

Bill, I’ve shown you many times how this diagram fits a nested hierarchy (specifically the standard tree of vertebrate relationships) very well. But you learn nothing and forget everything. That’s why it’s so frustrating to try to deal with you.

4 Likes

John,
I know your opinion here and you disagree this is a problem. It is data where genes are not following a pattern I would expect from inheritance. You have explained it with gene loss.

That is possible but this is the type of data I think Paul is talking about. There is additional data like this in Winston’s dependency graph.

Then you probably don’t understand the basics of inheritance.

Your thinking is dead wrong.

1 Like

Bill, nothing about that even suggests a violation of a nested hierarchy.

1 Like

What pattern would you expect from inheritance, and why isn’t this it?

1 Like

Are you ok with this tree for discussion?
https://images.app.goo.gl/MtiGhf65vFaBcbtr6