Nathan Lents: My Experience With Discovery

You do not have to be comfortable with it.

The moderation policy is that this is an unfunded effort. I have a full time job. Do not be demanding of the moderator.

I understand and sympathize with your position. However, please keep in mind that Lents is being far more gentle in his opinions about ID than most scientists I know. If you want to know why scientists are angry with ID, that will take some time. You don’t have to like his perspective, but it is out of bounds to blame me for it.

If we turn this in to an incivility battle, it will not look good for ID. We are not going to do that. Rather, let us see what happens. Give it some time to work out.

Stop being troubled. It is already being addressed elsewhere. Who is Right About Sinuses? Rather than being outraged, just be patient. This will work out in time.

I wrote my opinion on the other thread, before you even showed up. Rather than post the same link two times, just pause and pay attention to what is going on. We already engaged that link.

@JeremiahSixFourteen, please pause and remember that this is a two-sided conflict. If you want the conversation to become civil, understand the other side. You are getting a rare opportunity to see how most scientists view ID. Rather than raising the temperature, see what you can learn here.

You and your perspective are welcome here, but realize that I have a full time job that does not include this.

1 Like