Negative Imaginary Numbers

I know BioLogis has a vibrant collection of articles pointing out Bruno’s flaws and the erroneous nature of his martyrdom.

But I’m not quite clear on how the errors of interpretation change things by very much. Sure… we can all agree that Bruno was BURNED ALIVE for heresy… not for Science.

But for goodness sake… this is NOT much of a mitigation! If not for the Protestant Reformation… will we ever know how much longer heresy infernos might have continued!!!

The Cosmos treatment on Bruno could have been more precise… But the jist of it was still an important component of Western religious history.

Where Cosmos failed, I believe, was in not pointing out how far the Roman Catholic institution has come in acknowledging science and it’s methods!

And that as the Catholics stepped forward into the light of knowledge… it is a loose affiliation of mysticizing protestants who every day seek to tear down the edifice of scientific discipline and trust in the motives of poorly compensated academics who seek wisdom from nature… more than they seek to make Christmas a useless vanity.

2 Likes